This is it. We have three weeks left to turn out every possible voter in Georgia so that Raphael Warnock and Jon Ossoff win their runoffs, the US Senate flips to Democratic control, and a bold progressive future opens up for our country. Thanks to the amazing local organizers in Georgia, we are knocking at the door. Now you can get us over the line.
Here are 5 simple steps you can take to flip Georgia and the US Senate:
- Download the Blue Squad app and create your account (iOS or Android).
- Complete all the missions on your home feed, especially “Build Your Community” (mobile link).
- Tap to load more missions once you’ve finished your initial set of missions.
- Complete any GOTV (get out the vote) missions you see. The GOTV missions you see are for your friends who haven’t yet voted. These are the people we still need to turn out, and you’re the best person to remind them!
- Share this blog post with everyone you know and ask them to follow these same steps. The more people using Blue Squad, the bigger and more powerful the turnout effort becomes.
- We are matching your contacts to the Georgia Secretary of State early vote data. The data in Blue Squad will get updated every day, so keep checking every day!
- Matching voters across different data sources can be tricky, so you might find a few people that have actually voted already. That's ok - thank them for their service and move on to the next person.
- No one can use the data you provide to Blue Squad to spam your friends, including us, any political party, political campaign, etc. Nobody. You have total control over who gets contacted and how they get contacted.
Why this is so powerful
Blue Squad uses the power of your social connections to drive voter turnout. Think of it this way - if a stranger asks you to do something, are you likely to do it? In almost every situation, the answer is no. But what if a friend asked you to do the same thing? You’re at least going to think about it, and if it’s really important to your friend, you’re likely to do it. The same goes for voting. While we’d like to think everyone we care about is a dedicated voter, that’s just not the case. Turnout during runoffs is especially low. Our friends need reminders from us to go vote! In fact, a ton of research has shown someone is 300% more likely to vote if a friend asks them vs a stranger. Combine the power of “relational” outreach with Blue Squad’s ability to tell you exactly who still needs to vote, and you’ve got one of the most powerful and effective voter outreach tools sitting in your hands.
On top of all that, you can spread the love by getting your friends into Blue Squad as well. Let’s do some simple math..
- Let’s assume every Blue Squad user can contact 30 friends to vote.
- Let’s also assume every user invites 5 people to join Blue Squad.
- That means that if I get 5 friends to join Blue Squad, all 6 of us can contact 180 voters.
- But let’s say my 5 friends also invite 5 of their friends - now all of us together are contacting 930 voters!
- And if that happens one more time, then the entire network is contacting 4,680 voters!
In fact, this cycle of people inviting and turning out their friends only has to happen 8 times to contact every voter needed to win these runoffs.
Let’s finish the job
The Trump presidency is coming to a close, but it’s hugely important for each of us to do everything we can to turn out as many voters in Georgia as possible. If we flip these seats, and thus the US Senate, we make it possible for a Biden administration to pass bold, new progressive policies like expanded healthcare coverage, relief for student debt, better protection for the environment, and more. Failing to do so will result in four years of gridlock, as Mitch McConnell does everything in his power to frustrate progressives, regardless of the consequences.
Following the steps above gives you the power to bring about change. Imagine that - with just a few minutes of your time every day until January 5th, you can deliver a more progressive, forward-looking America. Let’s get it done.